This is a must for all professionals working with young people. The next workshop by The Proud Trust is taking place on Friday 23 November, 9.30-3.30 at YHA Manchester.
The Proud Trust have been receiving an increasing number of requests from schools, and other organisations, to guide them appropriately to support any trans, gender variant or non-binary children or young people accessing their services. These requests tend to be reactive, in response to a young person “coming out”. The Proud Trust believe that a proactive approach is needed, having the systems, support and knowledge in place, acknowledging the inevitability that a trans, gender variant or non-binary child or young person is already attending your school, or accessing your provision.
A one day training course that will:
• Using experiences of young people, be an in depth exploration of, and focusing only, on gender and gender identity;
• Give delegates an appropriate set of terminology pertaining to trans, gender variant and non-binary identities;
• Explore myths and critique the misrepresentation of trans, gender variant and non-binary people in popular culture and the media;
• Look at the legal, Oftsed and moral obligations of an organisation to meet the needs of a trans, gender variant or non-binary child in their care, or accessing their services;
• Offer appropriate signposting to organisations that can offer support to a trans young person and their family;
• Give delegates the confidence and skills to recognise and appropriately challenge transphobic language and behaviours.
Cost: £125* per delegate. *Rainbow Flag Award member schools £100 per delegate, enter your discount code at the point of booking. This course will give you the skills and resources to better meet the standards in the red Skilled Teacher, green Inclusive Curriculum and blue Pastoral Support sections.
This course is aimed at, and is appropriate for, all professionals working with young people, including (but not limited to), secondary school teachers and staff, college staff, youth workers, healthcare professionals, social workers and uniformed services.
For more information contact 0161 660 3347, or email: email@example.com