Any staff who regularly work directly with children should have a level of awareness of the risks to children from on-line websites and activities. This free training by the Manchester Safeguarding Boards is taking place on 12 March, 9am – 1.30pm at the WindRush Millennium Centre 70 Alexandra Road, Moss Side Manchester M16 7WD. This is a basic awareness course which will be helpful in understanding how digital technologies impact children’s situations. As digital technologies become more and more integrated, we are seeing their involvement in all aspects of day to day life and also a whole new range of problems not least the risky behaviours that young people are engaging in and the content they have ready access to.
To gain an awareness of children’s use of the online world and the risks that this can present. The aim is to assist professionals and all who work with children to understand how children use the online world and how this can impact upon the safety and well-being of children / young persons.
• List and understand the major digital technologies and how they are used by children and young people.
• Understand and identify the dangers, risks and warning signs.
• Know where to seek help and advice.
• Identify features of online grooming
• Complete an MSCB Training Course Action Plan