Lost, and Found
VYM Network Meetings
Monday 18th November, 2-4pm
If you would like to host a VYM Network meeting, please contact us via email
VYM Equality and Diversity Audit
We are starting a piece of work to look at what next for Manchester in terms of support around equality and Diversity and young people.
Context for work
With government cuts to youth work, the ending of our youth work qualification at Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University and the closure of youth services, the impact is being seen. We have a changing workforce and these are changing and challenging times. There are been a lack of training in recent years for youth work and specifically around equality and diversity, and the infrastructure to support organisations has been weak and is currently changing. Voluntary Youth Manchester have been funded by Young Manchester to do some focused work around equality and diversity. Following feedback from the sector, a series of workshops are being delivered and we are now doing a piece of work to look at ‘what next’. Steph Champion will be leading on this work for Voluntary Youth Manchester.
We want to explore what work is being done in Manchester around equality and diversity and what is needed to enhance this. What are the next steps needed to bolster the youth work sector in Manchester?
To do this we are asking organisations to engage in an audit.
- What work is being done in Manchester which focuses on increasing equity for young people?
- Within a transitory environment of changing workers and changing times, how do we keep our work active and reflective?
- What future work is needed within Manchester?
We are asking organisations to join us in a conversation to frame this work, to share what they are doing, and to support in creating recommendations from the audit.
8th November 10am – 12.30. MMU Brooks building.
- We invite you to join us in commence this work and be part of shaping it.
- Share any projects which promote equalities work and your experiences as a youth work professional in Manchester through a structured conversation.
17th January 2020. Venue tbc
- Support in creating recommendations for future work
- What next for supporting Manchester’s diverse young people?
If you would like to be part of the discussion, please get in touch (email@example.com) to share thinking further as we plan the work and we hope you will be able to join us on 8th November,