This workshop by The Proud Trust on Thursday 6 December, 9.30am-3.30pm at YHA Manchester, will help you make your practice and settings more inclusive.
A one day training course, that will encourage youth organisations to become more LGBT+ inclusive (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, plus other related identities), by:
• Offering a deep exploration and explanation of current appropriate terminology across a range of identities;
• Giving real life examples of the experiences of LGBT+ young people, and those from LGBT+ families;
• Giving the skills, tools and knowledge to confidently and consistently recognise and challenge LGBTphobic language and behaviours;
• Exploring the legal, Ofsted and moral standpoints on doing LGBT+ inclusion work;
• Showcasing a series of age-appropriate and recommended resources for creating LGBT+ inclusive sessions, environments and organisations.
This course is aimed at, and is appropriate for, all professionals working with young people, including (but not limited to), secondary school teachers and staff, college staff, youth workers, healthcare professionals, social workers and uniformed services.
Cost £125 per delegate.
For more information and to book a place, visit: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/including-the-invisible-meeting-the-needs-of-lgbt-young-people-in-youth-settings-tickets-45294652525
Including the Invisible flyer