https://www.fresh4manchester.nhs.uk/ is the new website for under 25’s around sexual health, relationships, contraception and much more.
Our experienced Education Outreach workers provide information, education and training around contraception and sexual health for young people and professionals working with young people. The team has a specific remit around hard to reach and vulnerable young people (under 25’s) e.g. young people at risk of social exclusion or not in mainstream education or employment.
They can deliver group work/ informal education sessions and workshops to young people in a variety of settings. These are interactive and fun and can cover a wide range of areas including contraception; sexually transmitted infections, self-esteem and healthy relationships. All sessions are developed to meet the needs of the specific group being worked with.
Examples of work include:
- Informal group work on specific subjects
- Delivering SRE curriculum
- Workshops on sexual health to update staff knowledge
- One to One sessions with particularly vulnerable young people
- Testing for Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea
- Events/ Health stalls
- Condom distribution
- Development of Sex and Relationship Education curriculum
Education Outreach Workers:
Rachel Telfer – 07814 302 277; Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Kay Wolstenholme – 07814 302 277; Kay.email@example.com