Young Manchester is a new independent charity that aims to improve the life chances of children and young people, giving them access to high-quality, inclusive opportunities.
Young Manchester will achieve these ambitious targets by developing innovative and sustainable ways of working to support Youth and Play services for children and young people across Manchester in partnership with multiple stakeholders and funders.
Young Manchester are seeking to recruit an exceptionally experienced and dynamic individual to the post of Director who has the ability to be decisive and proactive in a changing sector and the vision and clarity to identify emerging business opportunities to develop and expand services.
Salary: £60,000 per annum
The Director will have responsibility for leadership, management and success of Young Manchester including:
• Developing strategic and business development plans and market strategy
• Developing and building effective partnerships across the charitable, public and private sectors
• Negotiating and managing contracts with Public Sector organisations, particularly the Local Authority, whilst seeking wider opportunities for procurement, tendering and drawing down new funds to bring additionality to the City’s Youth and Play sector
• Identifying and exploiting new business opportunities that are in line with the charitable aims of Young Manchester
The Director will have:
• Considerable experience of leadership in an organisation where growth and income generation are key features, ideally at Director or CEO level
• Significant senior/Board level experience within a charity focused on children and young people with knowledge and experience of commissioning services
• Experience of working with Trustees/Non-Executives
• Experience of identifying and building partnerships with external stakeholders
To apply, visit: www.prospect-us.co.uk/jobs/details/hq0017208
Deadline for applications: Thursday 12 April 2018