This one-day course on Wednesday 25 September, 10am-4.15pm at HOME provides an introduction to a creative approach to group facilitation. It aims to encourage, develop and inspire those with responsibility to lead others through a facilitative process, be it for the purposes of team building, consultation, idea-generation or training. Throughout the day, we will be using a number of different interactive exercises and games in order to illustrate content.
The course will also look at group dynamics, communication issues and different learning styles in order to explore how these might be of impact. This course seeks to stimulate your imagination and send you home with ideas and examples of how to develop a creative approach to group facilitation within your own context.
Ideal for: creative practitioners working directly with children and/or young people
You will gain:
• New ideas/techniques and ways of running facilitation
• Knowledge to identify own strengths/weaknesses as a facilitator and ways in which you can develop
• A deeper insight into group dynamics, learning styles and ways of maintaining a positive constructive environment for all participants
• An opportunity to share experiences and learn from each other
• A useful selection of resources for further ideas/support
Lesley Wood is a freelance creative and educational professional with more than 20 years’ in depth experience of working across the creative, heritage, education and cultural sectors. She works with organisations of all sizes and across all sectors measuring impact and providing support on strategic development.
Cost: £150 per person. This fee includes lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance for each delegate.
For more information on the course, contact the Professional Development team on 0238 033 2491, or email: email@example.com
To book a place, visit: www.eventbrite.com/e/creative-facilitation-with-young-people-tickets-59533959676