Forever Manchester have launched Core Strength – Local Communities for 2017/18. This 12-month programme is responding to the growing need of small, locally led groups to cover their day-to-day costs. The aim is to provide funding for groups’ core costs – meaning expenditure that is not connected to delivering projects but focusing on investing in the organisation as a whole, such as basic running costs. Forever Manchester know securing core funding can be tough and want to use this programme to help support those doing much needed work in their local communities. Comic Relief
The grant shall be used to support groups that can evidence a sustained beneficial impact on people’s lives who are excluded or disadvantaged. This may be through low income, rural or social isolation, age, disabilities, race, sexuality or gender. Priority is to be given to small, locally based groups or organisations in areas of disadvantage that have a clear understanding of the needs of their community and are undertaking actions to address these needs.
Who can apply?
You must be a locally led and based organisation – based within the area you are carrying out activities and have local people involved in the running of the organisation. Applications are accepted from the voluntary and community sector including:
• Constituted voluntary and community groups
• Social enterprises
• Community interest companies
Your organisation will need to have been running activities for a minimum of 12 months.
Your annual income must be £100,000 or under for your last full financial year. You will need to provide your accounts to prove this.
To be considered for funding you will need to:
• Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area
• Have limited access to other sources of income
• Clearly define the need you are addressing
• Clearly demonstrate the benefit of your activities to local people
• Illustrate how you aim to deliver social outcomes
• Provide clear evidence that your services provided are inclusive to all
Applications can be made for grants of £1,000 to £5,000 and your core work must reflect at least one of the Strengthening Communities programme outcomes:
• Connected communities
• Productive communities
• Empowered communities
Priority will be given to:
• Those that are new to Comic Relief and/or Community Foundation funding
• Those in areas of high deprivation
• Those in geographically underfunded areas
• Those with lived experience, where people directly affected by the issues are involved in all levels of the organisation
• Those with innovative approaches, to respond to clearly defined need
• Those demonstrating effective practice, with evidence that the methodology being used will be successful
For more information and to apply, visit: http://forevermanchester.com/comic-relief-core-strength-local-communities/, or contact 0161 214 0940, or email: email@example.com.
Deadline: Wednesday 11 October 2017