The Youth Social Action Fund is open to community groups for grants between £1,000 and £5,000 that will promote volunteering, fundraising andamongst young people aged between 10 and 20 (25 years for young people with disabilities). This fund is part of the wider multi-agency #iwill campaign.
There are 6 key principles of social action that your project should include:
Challenging – Taking the young people out of their comfort zone, whilst keeping the activities fun and enjoyable
Youth-led – Young people are taking a lead in decision making and creating ideas for the project
Socially Impactful – The project has clear benefit to the community
Progressive – There is knowledge of your local area and how the project can link in with existing activities
Embedded – A sustainable project giving lasting skills that can be used throughout life
Reflective – The young people are able to look back on the project and evaluate their experiences
Who can apply?
- The funding is for community groups working in Greater Manchester.
- This fund is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations, including social enterprises and CICs.
- National organisations with local branches (with their own management committee and bank account) can apply.
- Projects do not have to be led by a youth group.
What can you apply for?
- Core costs are eligible if the other criteria are met, including how the project meets the 6 principles above
- Equipment costs are not eligible
- Example of a funded project: young people meet once per week with a local elderly social club and share their IT skills. The funding awarded was spent on volunteer travel expenses, facilitator fees, room hire, refreshments and publicity costs. Match-funding provided a projector and two tablets.
If you are unsure that your project / organisation is eligible, contact the Communities Team to discuss your idea on 0161 214 0940, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and to apply, visit: https://ukcf.secure.force.com/forms/forms/ForeverManchester/YSA-Round2-Application
Deadline: Wednesday 12 April 2017