VYM aims to facilitate and encourage the development of excellent work with young people in Manchester.
Our vision is for a thriving voluntary youth sector, continuing to do excellent work with young people, in robust partnerships with statutory and other youth organisations, for the benefit of Manchester young people.
- the unique qualities of young people, their capacities, potential and their active participation in work with them
- openness, impartiality and transparency in its own work, in work amongst organisations and in work with young people
- the independence and integrity of the sector and the contribution and value that it brings to work with young people in Manchester
- a co-ordinated approach to work with young people and mutually beneficial partnerships
- the universal principles of youth work, equal opportunity, empowerment, participation and life-long learning