The briefings are taking place on Friday 22 September 2017, Wednesday 4 October 2017 and Friday 10 November 2017 and are aimed at anyone who works with children and their families in Manchester.
Manchester has a high number of children experiencing neglect at all levels of the Multi-agency Levels of Need and Response Framework. Research tells that Neglect can have a cumulative and pervasive impact on the development of children and young people and this is likely to have a long term impact on their well-being.
In Manchester over 50% of all children subject to a child protection plan are on plans under the category of Neglect. Intervening at the earliest opportunity to address emerging signs of neglect is critical to avoid the escalation of concerns.
Manchester and its partners in the Greater Manchester Safeguarding Partnership (GMSP) have agreed refreshed and agreed a new Neglect Strategy. This briefing will consider our agreed Multi Agency Levels of Need and Response Framework with an emphasis on the importance of early help.
There are 100 places on this briefing and it is aimed at anyone who works with children and or their families in Manchester and in particular those who can cascade learning in their service.
• Raise awareness about the Neglect Strategy and our plans to implement Graded Care Profile 2 as our Neglect Assessment Tool
• Be able to define and recognise the prevalence of Neglect
• Develop understanding about the need to offer help at the earliest opportunity to avoid the escalation of concerns
• Refresh understanding about the Levels of Need and Response Framework .
• Recognise the importance of being `professionally curious`and to develop awareness about ‘disguised compliance’
• Consider the importance of routinely seeking the views of children, young people and of understanding their ‘daily lived experience’
• Consider how we should ‘work with families and not do to’, build resilience.
• Consider how Signs of Safety can be embedded when working with children and or their families
• Complete an MSB Action Plan
To register for the briefing, complete an application form, which can be found here: http://training.manchesterscb.org.uk/
For further information, contact 0161 234 3330.